You know me. Or you think you do You just don’t seem to see I’ve been waiting all this time To be something I can’t define. So let’s cause a scene... I’ve just got to get myself over me - The Format

Thursday, January 11, 2007

Mother India here I come

Hi,
So a lot has happened in the past month. Christmas was good...it was nice to stay here and have my first Christmas as an adult...this involved me being staying in my pjs all day at the Christner's house who ended up spending way more money on me than my family. It was a tad akward opening the Victoria Secrets gift card that the rest of the girls got from their dad...but I have been hording that Star Bucks one...ohhh how I've sold my soul to the man! I got this way cool pink thermos that well is pretty and I need to start making tea at home to use it!
Then came New Years which was honestly kinda lame...I mean it was fun but I don't know it's just not a huge deal to me. Then after a week off of work I started back and it's been a whirl wind since. The coat program starts in 3 wks and next week I'm at staff retreat where I'm going to be forced to spend 5 hrs in silence and solitude...not excited about it to be honest. I've had a lot of this kind of time lately and well after an hour I'm about done.

Oh the exciting news is that I'm leading a team to India this summer!!!! I leave to help lead a group from CCF to Haiti March 3...just for 9 days over their spring break. India however is 8 weeks! We're living and working in an orphanage ( a lil over 100 kids with some of them Tsumani orphans), free school (1,000 kids), clinic, and pastor training center. Needless to say I am way excited about it! I've been prepping myself by eating Indian food and watching Indian movies...Bride and Predujice and Born into Brothels...both great movies. Also, I've been list

Anyway, I'm excited about it all.

4 comments:

Heather said...

Hey missy,

I've been trying to get hold of you and the only thing left i could think of was to sign up to this thing so i could write you a comment :) I'm not even sure what i'm doing. I have something i want to send to you, so get back to me quick :) Hope you're well. Miss you.

From your long lost lil kiwi,
Heather

Corey said...

Heather,
You're never long lost to me...I have 2 pictures of you on my desk at work!!! This is wierd becasue I've been thinkin about you lately!!!
My address is
Corey Huckaby
P.O. BOX
Ft. Myers, FL 33902
USA

Heather said...

It worked! Thankyou. I've been thinking about you for ages and when you're coming back :P, i think i may have your old email address? i've been reading some of your updates every now and then though, to keep up with the play.

Yay!
H

Jesse E. Hunter said...

I can't believe Meghan is married. How weird is that?!
Mother India will be wonderful...but are you psyched for little Brother Haiti? Can you tell them, "water is life" for me when you go? :)